Monday, January 12, 2009

Shining

Matthew 5:14-16 (New International Version) says...
"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”


As we drove up to Morning Star Ministries this verse echoed in my mind and continued throughout our time with the people of this special place.
I kept thinking to myself that this is what church was meant to be – a place where people from all walks of life intermingle, fellowship, and join together to learn, to pray, to sing, and to share a meal.

It was an honor to be there.

Just before sharing a song that Josh and I wrote called “Come Down”, I read the following Psalm aloud. Interestingly, a member of the church also shared it later in the service before people prayed for him as he left for a mission’s work overseas.

This Psalm has always been special and inspirational to me and to countless others, ever since the King David penned them thousands of years ago. So often I get down about circumstances I see or situations I face, yet these words remind me to look up rather than to look to myself for strength.


Psalm 121
"I lift up my eyes to the hills --where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip --He who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you --the LORD is your shade at your right hand;the sun will not harm you by day,nor the moon by night.The LORD will keep you from all harm --He will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forever more."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dara,
    Thanks for sharing your story of faith with us. I wish we were closer to your venues to hear you both. Good luck and God bless!
    Rae

    ReplyDelete