Sunday, January 11, 2009

my Morning Star dream

Dara and I were so blessed with singing at Morning Star this morning. She will fill you in on many of the details, but she's spending time with her 3 little boys right now (they're out tobogganing with a cousin), so in the meantime I'll just say that we love that church so much. They said they appreciated us and were so warm and responsive, but it absolutely went both ways! Many thanks to Pastor Glen and Julie Povey for helping make this happen.

I was pretty tired after getting home from Fort Qu'Appelle last night and doing a bit more prep for Morning Star. So when my alarm went off at 8:00 I hit snooze, but it didn't go off again and I didn't wake up until Dara knocked on my door at 8:45! When she knocked I was deep in the middle of a detailed dream about singing with a band at a First Nations church. Dara and I were leading in this chorus:

Alive, alive, alive forevermore
My Jesus is alive, alive forevermore
Alive, alive, alive forevermore
My Jesus is alive.
Sing hallelujah! Sing hallelujah!
My Jesus is alive forevermore.
Sing hallelujah! Sing hallelujah!
My Jesus is alive.

It was an interesting dream and Dara and I chuckled about it, but then during the prayer time before the service I was quite impressed that we should sing it to start the service. Dara and I had done up a set list, but nearly half of it went out the window this morning as we responded to the Spirit of God moving in the congregation. It was powerful.

Dara talked a lot about her life in Pelican Narrows and some people even put up their hands to ask questions! Afterward, there was a soup and sandwich lunch, and I talked for quite awhile with Stu, who seems like a cornerstone in the congregation. After lunch, Stu suddenly had an idea, so he left the room and came back with two copies of a book about Canadian First Nations ministries by a man named Norman Taylor. What a blessing for us to have these.

When I showed the book to Julie Povey she got excited. "Oh, Norman Taylor! He's an older man, and is quite sick in the hospital now. But that first song you sang, 'Alive,' that was his favourite. I though of that as soon as you started singing."

Wow. Sometimes it pays to listen to dreams!

Dara will tell you so much more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment